For anyone planning a getaway to Bald Head Island, one of the first things you need to do is book your spot on the ferry. However, as you book transportation, you’ll soon realize this vessel is a passenger-only ferry. Because of this, there are two primary sources of transportation on the island. One is bikes, and the other main way of getting around Bald Head Island is a golf cart rental.
When you choose a vacation rental from Bald Head Island Services, not only will you have a relaxing space to call home, but you’ll also have access to top-of-the-line golf carts. This means you have one less thing to worry about. Ensure everyone stays safe while having fun by brushing up on important laws and safety tips.
What to Know about Driving Golf Carts
Several of the laws that apply to driving a car apply to driving golf car rentals. In order to drive a golf cart on Bald Head Island, you must have a valid driver’s license. There are also enforced speed limits, and you cannot operate the cart while intoxicated.
In addition to the laws surrounding these vehicles, there are several other safety tips to remember.
- Make sure everyone is wearing the seat belt or holding onto the grab rails. Everyone should also keep their entire body inside the cart while moving.
- Do not have more people than there are seats. For example, don’t try to squeeze a fifth person on if your golf cart only has four seats.
- Indicate your turn with either turn signals or hand signals.
- Keep your cart off sidewalks and on the roadway.
- If taking a sharp turn, do not go at a high speed.
- Golf carts are quieter than cars, so honk at intersections to ensure other approaching vehicles or pedestrians hear you.
- Set the parking brake and take the keys when you are done driving.
- Ride the brakes when going downhill to help reduce the risk of rollovers.
Discover the Benefits of a BHI Services Home
Having access to a golf cart rental is only one of the perks that come from renting with Bald Head Island Services. Our homes also come with bed linens, a starter dish and laundry soap supply, and more. Our kitchens have everything you need to create delicious meals.
In addition to basic necessities, our Bald Head Island rentals have fantastic amenities that’ll help enhance any stay, including memorable summer vacations! See if your chosen home has the option of purchasing access to the clubs on the island. Call 910-363-4955 to speak with a team member and learn which of our fantastic rentals best fits your wants and needs.
The holidays will be here before you know it. If you haven’t started figuring out your plans, now is the perfect time to think of a way to celebrate that’s different than years past. Add a bit of sand and surf to your celebrations by planning a getaway with Bald Head Island Services. Our Bald Head Island rentals make the perfect home away from home for any group looking to add a bit of extra fun to their holiday season. Keep reading to learn more about three reasons you should reserve a coastal North Carolina getaway with us.
1. Rentals That Can Host the Whole Family
Whether planning a vacation with your immediate family or the whole group, you need a place with room for everyone. The last thing you want over the holidays is to feel cramped! Our inventory features homes that can accommodate groups of all sizes. From cozy homes for groups of four to spacious properties that can fit 10 or more, we have it all!
2. Ability to Enjoy Your Family Traditions
Just because you are away from home for the holidays doesn’t mean you have to leave the traditions behind as well. Take advantage of your fully-equipped kitchen to whip up delicious cookies or assemble the perfect hot chocolate bar. Curl up in the living room to binge all your favorite holiday movies; don’t forget the popcorn!
3. Fun and Festive Things to Do
In addition to enjoying festive traditions, plenty of events are taking place on Bald Head Island and the surrounding area. Kick off the holiday season at the Light Up the Holidays Old Baldy Lighthouse Benefit, a November event featuring the sale of decorated Christmas trees. Head to Southport for WinterFest, an annual festival that includes all the city’s holiday events like the cookie contest or Christmas Flotilla. Look for unique gifts during the annual winter craft festival, which takes place the beginning of December in Southport. Keep your eyes open for more holiday events being added to the lineup!
Reserve Your Perfect Holiday Home
Our Bald Head Island rentals will go fast, so don’t wait to reserve your home away from home for the upcoming holiday season. At Bald Head Island Services, we strive to help you have the best getaway possible. That includes helping you find your dream North Carolina rental. To speak with a helpful and experienced team member, call 910-363-4955.
Off the coast of North Carolina rests a charming island ideal for any traveler looking to leave the stress of everyday life behind. Bald Head Island is known for miles of shoreline and a laidback atmosphere that can’t be beaten. Before booking your stay at one of the luxurious rentals from Bald Head Island Services, it’s always a good idea to look at the average weather on Bald Head Island for a given season.
A Guide to Things to Do by the Season
While Bald Head Island experiences generally mild conditions year-round, each season is different. Because of this, one season might fit your ideal activities better than the others.
Temperatures start in the low 60s before reaching the mid-70s in May. Conditions at night also warm up, which means you have even more time to spend outdoors. However, chances of rain increase, so be sure to pack your raincoat or umbrella. This time of year is great for getting outdoors and hiking through the Bald Head Woods Preserve.
Daily highs reach the mid-80s between June and August, and humidity is on the rise as well. These months also see the highest level of precipitation. There are endless things to do when visiting during the summer. Go fishing with Angry Pelican, or find a spot on the 14 miles of beaches to spread your towel out.
September to November is a great time to visit Bald Head Island. Temperatures start to cool off, with daily highs returning to the low 70s by the end of the season. Take in the fall colors on a kayaking adventure on a rental from Riverside Adventure Company.
If you’re looking to escape the cold that cripples parts of the country, this North Carolina island is a great option. Average temperatures settle around 55 degrees during the day in January, and snowfall is very rare. Learn about area history by visiting the Old Baldy Lighthouse, or curl up in the comfort of your Bald Head Island rental for a holiday movie marathon.
Start Planning Your BHI Getaway Today
Checking the average weather on Bald Head Island is only one step in planning your perfect vacation. In addition to this and creating a rough itinerary, you also need to reserve your rental from Bald Head Island Services.
Our inventory, which includes a charming hotel, has homes of all sizes and styles. We work to offer something that works for every budget and group size. With North Carolina rentals found throughout the island, we have the perfect home base for you. Call 910-363-4955 to learn more.
Planning your dream wedding is one of your life’s happiest yet most stressful times. All those months of planning are worth it, though, when you get to enjoy your fairytale day that marks the beginning of forever. What better way to keep the celebration going than on a relaxing yet romantic honeymoon to North Carolina, specifically Bald Head Island? At Bald Head Island Services, we’re here to help you have the best trip for two possible! Keep reading for our top recommendations of things to do both on the island and at your luxurious vacation rental.
The Best Things to Do on Bald Head Island for Two
No matter how long your honeymoon is, there is no shortage of things to do on Bald Head Island that’ll have you enjoying quality time with your new spouse.
- Ride around the island on bike rentals from Riverside Adventure. They offer everything from electric bikes to regular cruisers. You can also request delivery and pickup service for a small fee.
- End your day chasing the sunset on a cruise with Southport Water Tours. The hour-long sunset cruise takes you out on the Intercoastal Waterway and Cape Fear River.
- Enjoy a day of pampering at Island Retreat Spa. They offer several couples treatments and packages designed for parties of two, including massages and time in the infrared sauna.
- Get dressed up and head out for date night at one of the top local restaurants. For views of the marina, head to The Wisp or try incredible Southern cuisine at Jule’s Salty Grub & Island Pub. Remember: you’re on vacation, so dressed up can mean a cute sundress.
- Disconnect for a little while and spend time outdoors in the Bald Head Woods Reserve. Found east of Cape Fear River, this natural attraction is home to a fantastic hiking trail that surrounds you in Mother Nature’s beauty.
Create Lifelong Memories at Your Bald Head Island Rental
By making a Bald Head Island Services rental your North Carolina honeymoon home base, you can make memories without having to leave “home.” Stop by Maritime Market to get everything you need for a candlelight dinner. Crack open a bottle of champagne and sip on it while looking up at the stars on your private porch or deck.
Whether your romantic escape is for a week or long weekend, we have the perfect Bald Head Island rental for you. Our properties are found all over this popular North Carolina island, including oceanfront homes and ones near the maritime forest. For help finding your ideal home, call 910-363-4955.
It seems like every year, summer goes by too fast. Before you know it, kids will be back in school, and your family’s calendar will be filled with everything from band concerts to sports. For those looking to squeeze in as much fun as they can before summer fades into the background, Labor Day weekend is the perfect time for vacations to Bald Head Island with Bald Head Island Services.
Things to Do on Bald Head Island during a Long Weekend Getaway
With Labor Day being the unofficial end of summer, this is the perfect time to enjoy all your favorite summer activities.
- Soak in as much sunshine as possible on rentals from Riverside Outdoor Recreation. Reserve a kayak rental for the day or a whole week. This local service also offers a two-hour guided tour of Bald Head Creek and Fishing Creek.
- Enjoy a relaxing day at the beach. Bald Head Island is home to 14 miles of shoreline, there are plenty of spots to spread out your towel. South Beach is ideal for families with younger children, while East Beach is perfect for anyone trying to catch a wave.
- Go for a walk on the trails found throughout the island. Feel like you’re in an enchanted forest as you explore canopy-covered paths in the Bald Head Wood Maritime Forest Preserve.
- Plan one last summer barbecue at your Bald Head Island rental. Your fully equipped kitchen is the ideal place to whip up all your favorite sides with ingredients picked up from Maritime Market.
- Purchase a guest membership at the Shoals Club and check out their Labor Day Sunday activities. The fun includes a pool party and beach bocce tournament.
Reserve Your Final Summer Escape Today
For anyone looking to plan one last summer getaway, there’s nothing better than vacations to Bald Head Island. After booking your seat on the ferry, turn your attention to picking your perfect rental from Bald Head Island Services. Our inventory is filled with some of the best vacation rentals this North Carolina island has to offer.
No matter the size of your group, we have the perfect home away from home for you. In addition to all the comforts of home, our rentals come with incredible additional amenities ranging from golf carts to private hot tub or beach access. Call 910-363-4955 to learn more.
These days, spotting the Jolly Roger off North Carolina’s shores is more likely to create a sense of excitement rather than fear. That’s because a pirate invasion off the coastline of Bald Head Island is one of the year’s most anticipated events. There’s still plenty of time to reserve your Bald Head Island Services vacation rental for this year’s festivities!
What to Know about the Annual Festival
Back in the 17th and 18th centuries, the waters off North Carolina’s coast were ruled by pirates, including two of the most famous pirates in the area: Blackbeard and Stede Bonnet. Bald Head Island served as a refuge and home base for these swashbucklers.
This history is celebrated every year during the annual Pirate Invasion, also known as Pirates Weekend. Held every August, the celebration features a weekend filled with incredible events that bring the stories of pirates back to life.
Things kick off when the pirates make their way to shore at Marina Park. After setting up camp, they are known to roam the island, causing mayhem and playing music; you never know where they’re going to pop up. Other events include:
- Musical performances
- Sword fighting demonstrations
- A sea battle
- Treasure hunt
- Ghost walks
The weekend wraps up with a pancake breakfast at Jules’ Salty Grub & Island Pub. In addition to a delicious breakfast, you can also enjoy music and a costume contest. You can even get your picture taken with a pirate.
For more details, including times and locations, check the event’s website for the most up-to-date information.
Escape the Pirates at Your Bald Head Rental
The best place to escape the scallywags during the Pirate Invasion is by returning to your home base from Bald Head Island Services. Our collection of incredible vacation rentals has everything you need to spend a night resting up for another day of pirate fun.
We have something for everyone, from rentals on the golf course to pet-friendly options. No matter which Bald Head Island vacation rental you choose, you’ll have all the comforts of home as well as additional amenities designed to help you have the best stay possible. Browse our inventory online, or call 910-363-4955 to speak with a helpful team member.
When you stay at a vacation rental from Bald Head Island Services, you have all the comforts of home. This includes amenities such as cozy bedrooms, spacious living rooms, and incredible outdoor living spaces. It also means you have a fully-equipped kitchen at your disposal. However, sometimes the best part of being on vacation is getting to ignore everyday tasks like cooking. When hunger sets in, throw on your flip-flops and set off on your golf cart rental to one of the incredible restaurants found on Bald Head Island.
5 Places to Try On Bald Head Island
No matter what you’re craving, there is a place to eat on Bald Head Island that fits the bill. On your next getaway, treat yourself to a delicious meal at some of the best restaurants in this North Carolina town.
- Despite its central location, Jailhouse Provisions is often regarded as a hidden gem on the island. Sip on a specialty cocktail while browsing the menu filled with American cuisine.
- Take in views of boats pulling into the Bald Head Island Marina from The Wisp. The pet-friendly restaurant is more than just a spot for tasty food. They also host a variety of events like live music and trivia night.
- If you’re out and about exploring and need a mid-day snack, there’s no better place than Mike’s Bites. Found at the BHI Conservancy campus, the take-out spot plates up hot dogs and sandwiches along with sweet treats like Italian ice.
- Found inside the Maritime Market, Copper’s Woodfire Kitchen is the go-to place for anyone craving a delicious and cheesy pizza. Cooked in a 900-degree wood-fired oven, their pizzas feature only the freshest ingredients.
- Enjoy waterfront views when you dine at Jule’s Salty Grub & Island Pub. Since its opening in 2019, this Bald Head Island restaurant has been an excellent place for Southern favorites and incredible seafood dishes with a flair.
Create a Phenomenal Meal in Your Bald Head Island Rental
While the restaurants on Bald Head Island are the perfect place to grab a scrumptious bite, sometimes you want to enjoy a quiet night in. If you find yourself in that mood, swing by Maritime Market to get all the ingredients you need to make a restaurant-worthy meal in your Bald Head Island Services home. Enjoy your home-cooked meal in the dining room, or take the meal outdoors to your deck.
Whether you reserve one of our oceanview homes or a maritime forest rental, you’ll have a relaxing place to call home on your North Carolina getaway. Our collection of luxurious Bald Head Island vacation rentals has something for everyone, from couples to families. Call 910-363-4955 to learn more about which rental fits your needs, wants, and budget best.
Whether planning a summer getaway with the whole family or a romantic trip for two, Bald Head Island is the perfect destination for anyone looking to enjoy some R&R. Traveling to this coastal town gives you the ideal opportunity to leave the stress of life behind and make unforgettable memories with those closest to you. After booking your rental from Bald Head Island Services, there’s another important piece of your getaway to reserve: your spot on the Bald Head Island Ferry.
How to Catch the Ferry to Bald Head Island
One of the most unique things about Bald Head Island is the primary source of transportation are golf carts and bikes. Because of this, the ferry is a passenger-only vessel. The schedule depends on the season, as departure times are different in the summer and winter. Leaving the mainland from Deep Point Marina in Southport, the journey is only about 20 minutes. You can leave your car at the marina for a daily fee.
The ferry is filled on a first-come, first-served basis, so we highly recommend getting to the marina early. When you reach the departure point, you’ll drop off your luggage before boarding the ferry. Your bags must have a tag with your name, contact information, and where you’re staying on Bald Head Island. Make your drop-off a breeze by printing and filling out tags beforehand.
How to Get to Your Rental
Once you dock on Bald Head Island, you’ll go to a tram that’ll take you to your rental. While the tram ride is included in your ferry ticket, a tram reservation does not guarantee a spot on the ferry, another reason to get there early. The outfitters on the island will direct you to your luggage and help you get on the correct tram. Reservations for the tram can be made at least an hour ahead of time and three hours in advance for pickup when leaving Bald Head Island.
For more information about the ferry or help to answer any questions you may have, call 910-457-5003.
Reserve Your Dream Bald Head Island Home
After making the quick journey on the Bald Head Island ferry, let the fun begin! Spend your days exploring all the adventures that await you and your nights resting up in your Bald Head Island Services rental.
Our inventory of phenomenal Bald Head Island rentals includes homes in various sizes and styles. Offering such a range of vacation rentals allows us to host groups large and small. Browse our rentals online to find your dream home away from home. For help reserving your rental or to learn more about booking your escape, call 910-363-4955.
The end of the school year is rapidly approaching, which means now is the time to plan your perfect family summer vacation. If you’re looking for a destination that’s equal parts adventure and relaxation, look no further than Bald Head Island. See for yourself why this North Carolina island is perfect for your summer escape by booking your getaway with Bald Head Island Services.
The Best Summer Things to Do on Bald Head Island
Summer on Bald Head Island means warm temperatures and countless days of sunshine. Immerse yourself in island life by checking out some of the best things to do on Bald Head Island. To help you jumpstart your itinerary planning, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite activities and attractions.
- Captain your own aquatic adventure on a kayak or paddleboard rental from Riverside Outdoor Recreation. Their kayak rentals are available in both single and double options, while the paddleboards can be checked out for two hours.
- Let a knowledgeable guide from Angry Pelican take your family to the best spots to drop anchor. This local fishing charter knows the top sites to cast your line and can give you tips on how to improve your fishing skills.
- Learn about local history at Old Baldy Lighthouse and Smith Island Museum. The museum is inside the keeper’s cottage, and the lighthouse offers some of the best views on the island.
- Soak in the sunshine on a relaxing beach day. With 14 miles of beaches, there is no shortage of sandy shoreline to lounge on. East Beach is great for those looking to catch waves surfing or boogie boarding. Known for calmer waters, South Beach is ideal for families with younger children.
- While not on Bald Head Island, a fantastic addition to any trip is going on a cruise with Southport Water Tours. The sightseeing cruise shows off the natural beauty of this region, while the sunset cruise is a great relaxing experience to end your day.
Have Fun at Your Bald Head Island Rental
The good times don’t have to end when you return to your Bald Head Island Services rental. After spending a summer day exploring all there is to do and see on this North Carolina island, cook a delicious meal together before settling in for a movie or game night.
No matter which of our Bald Head Island rentals you stay in, you’ll have all the comforts of home on your getaway. Our properties are located up and down the island, including oceanfront homes and ones close to the maritime forest. Learn more about our rentals and which one fits your wants and needs best by calling 910-363-4955.