The holidays will be here before you know it. If you haven’t started figuring out your plans, now is the perfect time to think of a way to celebrate that’s different than years past. Add a bit of sand and surf to your celebrations by planning a getaway with Bald Head Island Services. Our Bald Head Island rentals make the perfect home away from home for any group looking to add a bit of extra fun to their holiday season. Keep reading to learn more about three reasons you should reserve a coastal North Carolina getaway with us.
1. Rentals That Can Host the Whole Family
Whether planning a vacation with your immediate family or the whole group, you need a place with room for everyone. The last thing you want over the holidays is to feel cramped! Our inventory features homes that can accommodate groups of all sizes. From cozy homes for groups of four to spacious properties that can fit 10 or more, we have it all!
2. Ability to Enjoy Your Family Traditions
Just because you are away from home for the holidays doesn’t mean you have to leave the traditions behind as well. Take advantage of your fully-equipped kitchen to whip up delicious cookies or assemble the perfect hot chocolate bar. Curl up in the living room to binge all your favorite holiday movies; don’t forget the popcorn!
3. Fun and Festive Things to Do
In addition to enjoying festive traditions, plenty of events are taking place on Bald Head Island and the surrounding area. Kick off the holiday season at the Light Up the Holidays Old Baldy Lighthouse Benefit, a November event featuring the sale of decorated Christmas trees. Head to Southport for WinterFest, an annual festival that includes all the city’s holiday events like the cookie contest or Christmas Flotilla. Look for unique gifts during the annual winter craft festival, which takes place the beginning of December in Southport. Keep your eyes open for more holiday events being added to the lineup!
Reserve Your Perfect Holiday Home
Our Bald Head Island rentals will go fast, so don’t wait to reserve your home away from home for the upcoming holiday season. At Bald Head Island Services, we strive to help you have the best getaway possible. That includes helping you find your dream North Carolina rental. To speak with a helpful and experienced team member, call 910-363-4955.
Off the coast of North Carolina rests a charming island ideal for any traveler looking to leave the stress of everyday life behind. Bald Head Island is known for miles of shoreline and a laidback atmosphere that can’t be beaten. Before booking your stay at one of the luxurious rentals from Bald Head Island Services, it’s always a good idea to look at the average weather on Bald Head Island for a given season.
A Guide to Things to Do by the Season
While Bald Head Island experiences generally mild conditions year-round, each season is different. Because of this, one season might fit your ideal activities better than the others.
Temperatures start in the low 60s before reaching the mid-70s in May. Conditions at night also warm up, which means you have even more time to spend outdoors. However, chances of rain increase, so be sure to pack your raincoat or umbrella. This time of year is great for getting outdoors and hiking through the Bald Head Woods Preserve.
Daily highs reach the mid-80s between June and August, and humidity is on the rise as well. These months also see the highest level of precipitation. There are endless things to do when visiting during the summer. Go fishing with Angry Pelican, or find a spot on the 14 miles of beaches to spread your towel out.
September to November is a great time to visit Bald Head Island. Temperatures start to cool off, with daily highs returning to the low 70s by the end of the season. Take in the fall colors on a kayaking adventure on a rental from Riverside Adventure Company.
If you’re looking to escape the cold that cripples parts of the country, this North Carolina island is a great option. Average temperatures settle around 55 degrees during the day in January, and snowfall is very rare. Learn about area history by visiting the Old Baldy Lighthouse, or curl up in the comfort of your Bald Head Island rental for a holiday movie marathon.
Start Planning Your BHI Getaway Today
Checking the average weather on Bald Head Island is only one step in planning your perfect vacation. In addition to this and creating a rough itinerary, you also need to reserve your rental from Bald Head Island Services.
Our inventory, which includes a charming hotel, has homes of all sizes and styles. We work to offer something that works for every budget and group size. With North Carolina rentals found throughout the island, we have the perfect home base for you. Call 910-363-4955 to learn more.
Planning your dream wedding is one of your life’s happiest yet most stressful times. All those months of planning are worth it, though, when you get to enjoy your fairytale day that marks the beginning of forever. What better way to keep the celebration going than on a relaxing yet romantic honeymoon to North Carolina, specifically Bald Head Island? At Bald Head Island Services, we’re here to help you have the best trip for two possible! Keep reading for our top recommendations of things to do both on the island and at your luxurious vacation rental.
The Best Things to Do on Bald Head Island for Two
No matter how long your honeymoon is, there is no shortage of things to do on Bald Head Island that’ll have you enjoying quality time with your new spouse.
- Ride around the island on bike rentals from Riverside Adventure. They offer everything from electric bikes to regular cruisers. You can also request delivery and pickup service for a small fee.
- End your day chasing the sunset on a cruise with Southport Water Tours. The hour-long sunset cruise takes you out on the Intercoastal Waterway and Cape Fear River.
- Enjoy a day of pampering at Island Retreat Spa. They offer several couples treatments and packages designed for parties of two, including massages and time in the infrared sauna.
- Get dressed up and head out for date night at one of the top local restaurants. For views of the marina, head to The Wisp or try incredible Southern cuisine at Jule’s Salty Grub & Island Pub. Remember: you’re on vacation, so dressed up can mean a cute sundress.
- Disconnect for a little while and spend time outdoors in the Bald Head Woods Reserve. Found east of Cape Fear River, this natural attraction is home to a fantastic hiking trail that surrounds you in Mother Nature’s beauty.
Create Lifelong Memories at Your Bald Head Island Rental
By making a Bald Head Island Services rental your North Carolina honeymoon home base, you can make memories without having to leave “home.” Stop by Maritime Market to get everything you need for a candlelight dinner. Crack open a bottle of champagne and sip on it while looking up at the stars on your private porch or deck.
Whether your romantic escape is for a week or long weekend, we have the perfect Bald Head Island rental for you. Our properties are found all over this popular North Carolina island, including oceanfront homes and ones near the maritime forest. For help finding your ideal home, call 910-363-4955.
It seems like every year, summer goes by too fast. Before you know it, kids will be back in school, and your family’s calendar will be filled with everything from band concerts to sports. For those looking to squeeze in as much fun as they can before summer fades into the background, Labor Day weekend is the perfect time for vacations to Bald Head Island with Bald Head Island Services.
Things to Do on Bald Head Island during a Long Weekend Getaway
With Labor Day being the unofficial end of summer, this is the perfect time to enjoy all your favorite summer activities.
- Soak in as much sunshine as possible on rentals from Riverside Outdoor Recreation. Reserve a kayak rental for the day or a whole week. This local service also offers a two-hour guided tour of Bald Head Creek and Fishing Creek.
- Enjoy a relaxing day at the beach. Bald Head Island is home to 14 miles of shoreline, there are plenty of spots to spread out your towel. South Beach is ideal for families with younger children, while East Beach is perfect for anyone trying to catch a wave.
- Go for a walk on the trails found throughout the island. Feel like you’re in an enchanted forest as you explore canopy-covered paths in the Bald Head Wood Maritime Forest Preserve.
- Plan one last summer barbecue at your Bald Head Island rental. Your fully equipped kitchen is the ideal place to whip up all your favorite sides with ingredients picked up from Maritime Market.
- Purchase a guest membership at the Shoals Club and check out their Labor Day Sunday activities. The fun includes a pool party and beach bocce tournament.
Reserve Your Final Summer Escape Today
For anyone looking to plan one last summer getaway, there’s nothing better than vacations to Bald Head Island. After booking your seat on the ferry, turn your attention to picking your perfect rental from Bald Head Island Services. Our inventory is filled with some of the best vacation rentals this North Carolina island has to offer.
No matter the size of your group, we have the perfect home away from home for you. In addition to all the comforts of home, our rentals come with incredible additional amenities ranging from golf carts to private hot tub or beach access. Call 910-363-4955 to learn more.
These days, spotting the Jolly Roger off North Carolina’s shores is more likely to create a sense of excitement rather than fear. That’s because a pirate invasion off the coastline of Bald Head Island is one of the year’s most anticipated events. There’s still plenty of time to reserve your Bald Head Island Services vacation rental for this year’s festivities!
What to Know about the Annual Festival
Back in the 17th and 18th centuries, the waters off North Carolina’s coast were ruled by pirates, including two of the most famous pirates in the area: Blackbeard and Stede Bonnet. Bald Head Island served as a refuge and home base for these swashbucklers.
This history is celebrated every year during the annual Pirate Invasion, also known as Pirates Weekend. Held every August, the celebration features a weekend filled with incredible events that bring the stories of pirates back to life.
Things kick off when the pirates make their way to shore at Marina Park. After setting up camp, they are known to roam the island, causing mayhem and playing music; you never know where they’re going to pop up. Other events include:
- Musical performances
- Sword fighting demonstrations
- A sea battle
- Treasure hunt
- Ghost walks
The weekend wraps up with a pancake breakfast at Jules’ Salty Grub & Island Pub. In addition to a delicious breakfast, you can also enjoy music and a costume contest. You can even get your picture taken with a pirate.
For more details, including times and locations, check the event’s website for the most up-to-date information.
Escape the Pirates at Your Bald Head Rental
The best place to escape the scallywags during the Pirate Invasion is by returning to your home base from Bald Head Island Services. Our collection of incredible vacation rentals has everything you need to spend a night resting up for another day of pirate fun.
We have something for everyone, from rentals on the golf course to pet-friendly options. No matter which Bald Head Island vacation rental you choose, you’ll have all the comforts of home as well as additional amenities designed to help you have the best stay possible. Browse our inventory online, or call 910-363-4955 to speak with a helpful team member.
The end of the school year is rapidly approaching, which means now is the time to plan your perfect family summer vacation. If you’re looking for a destination that’s equal parts adventure and relaxation, look no further than Bald Head Island. See for yourself why this North Carolina island is perfect for your summer escape by booking your getaway with Bald Head Island Services.
The Best Summer Things to Do on Bald Head Island
Summer on Bald Head Island means warm temperatures and countless days of sunshine. Immerse yourself in island life by checking out some of the best things to do on Bald Head Island. To help you jumpstart your itinerary planning, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite activities and attractions.
- Captain your own aquatic adventure on a kayak or paddleboard rental from Riverside Outdoor Recreation. Their kayak rentals are available in both single and double options, while the paddleboards can be checked out for two hours.
- Let a knowledgeable guide from Angry Pelican take your family to the best spots to drop anchor. This local fishing charter knows the top sites to cast your line and can give you tips on how to improve your fishing skills.
- Learn about local history at Old Baldy Lighthouse and Smith Island Museum. The museum is inside the keeper’s cottage, and the lighthouse offers some of the best views on the island.
- Soak in the sunshine on a relaxing beach day. With 14 miles of beaches, there is no shortage of sandy shoreline to lounge on. East Beach is great for those looking to catch waves surfing or boogie boarding. Known for calmer waters, South Beach is ideal for families with younger children.
- While not on Bald Head Island, a fantastic addition to any trip is going on a cruise with Southport Water Tours. The sightseeing cruise shows off the natural beauty of this region, while the sunset cruise is a great relaxing experience to end your day.
Have Fun at Your Bald Head Island Rental
The good times don’t have to end when you return to your Bald Head Island Services rental. After spending a summer day exploring all there is to do and see on this North Carolina island, cook a delicious meal together before settling in for a movie or game night.
No matter which of our Bald Head Island rentals you stay in, you’ll have all the comforts of home on your getaway. Our properties are located up and down the island, including oceanfront homes and ones close to the maritime forest. Learn more about our rentals and which one fits your wants and needs best by calling 910-363-4955.