It seems like every year, summer goes by too fast. Before you know it, kids will be back in school, and your family’s calendar will be filled with everything from band concerts to sports. For those looking to squeeze in as much fun as they can before summer fades into the background, Labor Day weekend is the perfect time for vacations to Bald Head Island with Bald Head Island Services.
Things to Do on Bald Head Island during a Long Weekend Getaway
With Labor Day being the unofficial end of summer, this is the perfect time to enjoy all your favorite summer activities.
- Soak in as much sunshine as possible on rentals from Riverside Outdoor Recreation. Reserve a kayak rental for the day or a whole week. This local service also offers a two-hour guided tour of Bald Head Creek and Fishing Creek.
- Enjoy a relaxing day at the beach. Bald Head Island is home to 14 miles of shoreline, there are plenty of spots to spread out your towel. South Beach is ideal for families with younger children, while East Beach is perfect for anyone trying to catch a wave.
- Go for a walk on the trails found throughout the island. Feel like you’re in an enchanted forest as you explore canopy-covered paths in the Bald Head Wood Maritime Forest Preserve.
- Plan one last summer barbecue at your Bald Head Island rental. Your fully equipped kitchen is the ideal place to whip up all your favorite sides with ingredients picked up from Maritime Market.
- Purchase a guest membership at the Shoals Club and check out their Labor Day Sunday activities. The fun includes a pool party and beach bocce tournament.
Reserve Your Final Summer Escape Today
For anyone looking to plan one last summer getaway, there’s nothing better than vacations to Bald Head Island. After booking your seat on the ferry, turn your attention to picking your perfect rental from Bald Head Island Services. Our inventory is filled with some of the best vacation rentals this North Carolina island has to offer.
No matter the size of your group, we have the perfect home away from home for you. In addition to all the comforts of home, our rentals come with incredible additional amenities ranging from golf carts to private hot tub or beach access. Call 910-363-4955 to learn more.
The end of the school year is rapidly approaching, which means now is the time to plan your perfect family summer vacation. If you’re looking for a destination that’s equal parts adventure and relaxation, look no further than Bald Head Island. See for yourself why this North Carolina island is perfect for your summer escape by booking your getaway with Bald Head Island Services.
The Best Summer Things to Do on Bald Head Island
Summer on Bald Head Island means warm temperatures and countless days of sunshine. Immerse yourself in island life by checking out some of the best things to do on Bald Head Island. To help you jumpstart your itinerary planning, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite activities and attractions.
- Captain your own aquatic adventure on a kayak or paddleboard rental from Riverside Outdoor Recreation. Their kayak rentals are available in both single and double options, while the paddleboards can be checked out for two hours.
- Let a knowledgeable guide from Angry Pelican take your family to the best spots to drop anchor. This local fishing charter knows the top sites to cast your line and can give you tips on how to improve your fishing skills.
- Learn about local history at Old Baldy Lighthouse and Smith Island Museum. The museum is inside the keeper’s cottage, and the lighthouse offers some of the best views on the island.
- Soak in the sunshine on a relaxing beach day. With 14 miles of beaches, there is no shortage of sandy shoreline to lounge on. East Beach is great for those looking to catch waves surfing or boogie boarding. Known for calmer waters, South Beach is ideal for families with younger children.
- While not on Bald Head Island, a fantastic addition to any trip is going on a cruise with Southport Water Tours. The sightseeing cruise shows off the natural beauty of this region, while the sunset cruise is a great relaxing experience to end your day.
Have Fun at Your Bald Head Island Rental
The good times don’t have to end when you return to your Bald Head Island Services rental. After spending a summer day exploring all there is to do and see on this North Carolina island, cook a delicious meal together before settling in for a movie or game night.
No matter which of our Bald Head Island rentals you stay in, you’ll have all the comforts of home on your getaway. Our properties are located up and down the island, including oceanfront homes and ones close to the maritime forest. Learn more about our rentals and which one fits your wants and needs best by calling 910-363-4955.