When you stay at a vacation rental from Bald Head Island Services, you have all the comforts of home. This includes amenities such as cozy bedrooms, spacious living rooms, and incredible outdoor living spaces. It also means you have a fully-equipped kitchen at your disposal. However, sometimes the best part of being on vacation is getting to ignore everyday tasks like cooking. When hunger sets in, throw on your flip-flops and set off on your golf cart rental to one of the incredible restaurants found on Bald Head Island.
5 Places to Try On Bald Head Island
No matter what you’re craving, there is a place to eat on Bald Head Island that fits the bill. On your next getaway, treat yourself to a delicious meal at some of the best restaurants in this North Carolina town.
- Despite its central location, Jailhouse Provisions is often regarded as a hidden gem on the island. Sip on a specialty cocktail while browsing the menu filled with American cuisine.
- Take in views of boats pulling into the Bald Head Island Marina from The Wisp. The pet-friendly restaurant is more than just a spot for tasty food. They also host a variety of events like live music and trivia night.
- If you’re out and about exploring and need a mid-day snack, there’s no better place than Mike’s Bites. Found at the BHI Conservancy campus, the take-out spot plates up hot dogs and sandwiches along with sweet treats like Italian ice.
- Found inside the Maritime Market, Copper’s Woodfire Kitchen is the go-to place for anyone craving a delicious and cheesy pizza. Cooked in a 900-degree wood-fired oven, their pizzas feature only the freshest ingredients.
- Enjoy waterfront views when you dine at Jule’s Salty Grub & Island Pub. Since its opening in 2019, this Bald Head Island restaurant has been an excellent place for Southern favorites and incredible seafood dishes with a flair.
Create a Phenomenal Meal in Your Bald Head Island Rental
While the restaurants on Bald Head Island are the perfect place to grab a scrumptious bite, sometimes you want to enjoy a quiet night in. If you find yourself in that mood, swing by Maritime Market to get all the ingredients you need to make a restaurant-worthy meal in your Bald Head Island Services home. Enjoy your home-cooked meal in the dining room, or take the meal outdoors to your deck.
Whether you reserve one of our oceanview homes or a maritime forest rental, you’ll have a relaxing place to call home on your North Carolina getaway. Our collection of luxurious Bald Head Island vacation rentals has something for everyone, from couples to families. Call 910-363-4955 to learn more about which rental fits your needs, wants, and budget best.
Whether planning a summer getaway with the whole family or a romantic trip for two, Bald Head Island is the perfect destination for anyone looking to enjoy some R&R. Traveling to this coastal town gives you the ideal opportunity to leave the stress of life behind and make unforgettable memories with those closest to you. After booking your rental from Bald Head Island Services, there’s another important piece of your getaway to reserve: your spot on the Bald Head Island Ferry.
How to Catch the Ferry to Bald Head Island
One of the most unique things about Bald Head Island is the primary source of transportation are golf carts and bikes. Because of this, the ferry is a passenger-only vessel. The schedule depends on the season, as departure times are different in the summer and winter. Leaving the mainland from Deep Point Marina in Southport, the journey is only about 20 minutes. You can leave your car at the marina for a daily fee.
The ferry is filled on a first-come, first-served basis, so we highly recommend getting to the marina early. When you reach the departure point, you’ll drop off your luggage before boarding the ferry. Your bags must have a tag with your name, contact information, and where you’re staying on Bald Head Island. Make your drop-off a breeze by printing and filling out tags beforehand.
How to Get to Your Rental
Once you dock on Bald Head Island, you’ll go to a tram that’ll take you to your rental. While the tram ride is included in your ferry ticket, a tram reservation does not guarantee a spot on the ferry, another reason to get there early. The outfitters on the island will direct you to your luggage and help you get on the correct tram. Reservations for the tram can be made at least an hour ahead of time and three hours in advance for pickup when leaving Bald Head Island.
For more information about the ferry or help to answer any questions you may have, call 910-457-5003.
Reserve Your Dream Bald Head Island Home
After making the quick journey on the Bald Head Island ferry, let the fun begin! Spend your days exploring all the adventures that await you and your nights resting up in your Bald Head Island Services rental.
Our inventory of phenomenal Bald Head Island rentals includes homes in various sizes and styles. Offering such a range of vacation rentals allows us to host groups large and small. Browse our rentals online to find your dream home away from home. For help reserving your rental or to learn more about booking your escape, call 910-363-4955.
The end of the school year is rapidly approaching, which means now is the time to plan your perfect family summer vacation. If you’re looking for a destination that’s equal parts adventure and relaxation, look no further than Bald Head Island. See for yourself why this North Carolina island is perfect for your summer escape by booking your getaway with Bald Head Island Services.
The Best Summer Things to Do on Bald Head Island
Summer on Bald Head Island means warm temperatures and countless days of sunshine. Immerse yourself in island life by checking out some of the best things to do on Bald Head Island. To help you jumpstart your itinerary planning, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite activities and attractions.
- Captain your own aquatic adventure on a kayak or paddleboard rental from Riverside Outdoor Recreation. Their kayak rentals are available in both single and double options, while the paddleboards can be checked out for two hours.
- Let a knowledgeable guide from Angry Pelican take your family to the best spots to drop anchor. This local fishing charter knows the top sites to cast your line and can give you tips on how to improve your fishing skills.
- Learn about local history at Old Baldy Lighthouse and Smith Island Museum. The museum is inside the keeper’s cottage, and the lighthouse offers some of the best views on the island.
- Soak in the sunshine on a relaxing beach day. With 14 miles of beaches, there is no shortage of sandy shoreline to lounge on. East Beach is great for those looking to catch waves surfing or boogie boarding. Known for calmer waters, South Beach is ideal for families with younger children.
- While not on Bald Head Island, a fantastic addition to any trip is going on a cruise with Southport Water Tours. The sightseeing cruise shows off the natural beauty of this region, while the sunset cruise is a great relaxing experience to end your day.
Have Fun at Your Bald Head Island Rental
The good times don’t have to end when you return to your Bald Head Island Services rental. After spending a summer day exploring all there is to do and see on this North Carolina island, cook a delicious meal together before settling in for a movie or game night.
No matter which of our Bald Head Island rentals you stay in, you’ll have all the comforts of home on your getaway. Our properties are located up and down the island, including oceanfront homes and ones close to the maritime forest. Learn more about our rentals and which one fits your wants and needs best by calling 910-363-4955.