For anyone planning a getaway to Bald Head Island, one of the first things you need to do is book your spot on the ferry. However, as you book transportation, you’ll soon realize this vessel is a passenger-only ferry. Because of this, there are two primary sources of transportation on the island. One is bikes, and the other main way of getting around Bald Head Island is a golf cart rental.
When you choose a vacation rental from Bald Head Island Services, not only will you have a relaxing space to call home, but you’ll also have access to top-of-the-line golf carts. This means you have one less thing to worry about. Ensure everyone stays safe while having fun by brushing up on important laws and safety tips.
What to Know about Driving Golf Carts
Several of the laws that apply to driving a car apply to driving golf car rentals. In order to drive a golf cart on Bald Head Island, you must have a valid driver’s license. There are also enforced speed limits, and you cannot operate the cart while intoxicated.
In addition to the laws surrounding these vehicles, there are several other safety tips to remember.
- Make sure everyone is wearing the seat belt or holding onto the grab rails. Everyone should also keep their entire body inside the cart while moving.
- Do not have more people than there are seats. For example, don’t try to squeeze a fifth person on if your golf cart only has four seats.
- Indicate your turn with either turn signals or hand signals.
- Keep your cart off sidewalks and on the roadway.
- If taking a sharp turn, do not go at a high speed.
- Golf carts are quieter than cars, so honk at intersections to ensure other approaching vehicles or pedestrians hear you.
- Set the parking brake and take the keys when you are done driving.
- Ride the brakes when going downhill to help reduce the risk of rollovers.
Discover the Benefits of a BHI Services Home
Having access to a golf cart rental is only one of the perks that come from renting with Bald Head Island Services. Our homes also come with bed linens, a starter dish and laundry soap supply, and more. Our kitchens have everything you need to create delicious meals.
In addition to basic necessities, our Bald Head Island rentals have fantastic amenities that’ll help enhance any stay, including memorable summer vacations! See if your chosen home has the option of purchasing access to the clubs on the island. Call 910-363-4955 to speak with a team member and learn which of our fantastic rentals best fits your wants and needs.