When you stay at a vacation rental from Bald Head Island Services, you have all the comforts of home. This includes amenities such as cozy bedrooms, spacious living rooms, and incredible outdoor living spaces. It also means you have a fully-equipped kitchen at your disposal. However, sometimes the best part of being on vacation is getting to ignore everyday tasks like cooking. When hunger sets in, throw on your flip-flops and set off on your golf cart rental to one of the incredible restaurants found on Bald Head Island.
5 Places to Try On Bald Head Island
No matter what you’re craving, there is a place to eat on Bald Head Island that fits the bill. On your next getaway, treat yourself to a delicious meal at some of the best restaurants in this North Carolina town.
- Despite its central location, Jailhouse Provisions is often regarded as a hidden gem on the island. Sip on a specialty cocktail while browsing the menu filled with American cuisine.
- Take in views of boats pulling into the Bald Head Island Marina from The Wisp. The pet-friendly restaurant is more than just a spot for tasty food. They also host a variety of events like live music and trivia night.
- If you’re out and about exploring and need a mid-day snack, there’s no better place than Mike’s Bites. Found at the BHI Conservancy campus, the take-out spot plates up hot dogs and sandwiches along with sweet treats like Italian ice.
- Found inside the Maritime Market, Copper’s Woodfire Kitchen is the go-to place for anyone craving a delicious and cheesy pizza. Cooked in a 900-degree wood-fired oven, their pizzas feature only the freshest ingredients.
- Enjoy waterfront views when you dine at Jule’s Salty Grub & Island Pub. Since its opening in 2019, this Bald Head Island restaurant has been an excellent place for Southern favorites and incredible seafood dishes with a flair.
Create a Phenomenal Meal in Your Bald Head Island Rental
While the restaurants on Bald Head Island are the perfect place to grab a scrumptious bite, sometimes you want to enjoy a quiet night in. If you find yourself in that mood, swing by Maritime Market to get all the ingredients you need to make a restaurant-worthy meal in your Bald Head Island Services home. Enjoy your home-cooked meal in the dining room, or take the meal outdoors to your deck.
Whether you reserve one of our oceanview homes or a maritime forest rental, you’ll have a relaxing place to call home on your North Carolina getaway. Our collection of luxurious Bald Head Island vacation rentals has something for everyone, from couples to families. Call 910-363-4955 to learn more about which rental fits your needs, wants, and budget best.
Whether planning a summer getaway with the whole family or a romantic trip for two, Bald Head Island is the perfect destination for anyone looking to enjoy some R&R. Traveling to this coastal town gives you the ideal opportunity to leave the stress of life behind and make unforgettable memories with those closest to you. After booking your rental from Bald Head Island Services, there’s another important piece of your getaway to reserve: your spot on the Bald Head Island Ferry.
How to Catch the Ferry to Bald Head Island
One of the most unique things about Bald Head Island is the primary source of transportation are golf carts and bikes. Because of this, the ferry is a passenger-only vessel. The schedule depends on the season, as departure times are different in the summer and winter. Leaving the mainland from Deep Point Marina in Southport, the journey is only about 20 minutes. You can leave your car at the marina for a daily fee.
The ferry is filled on a first-come, first-served basis, so we highly recommend getting to the marina early. When you reach the departure point, you’ll drop off your luggage before boarding the ferry. Your bags must have a tag with your name, contact information, and where you’re staying on Bald Head Island. Make your drop-off a breeze by printing and filling out tags beforehand.
How to Get to Your Rental
Once you dock on Bald Head Island, you’ll go to a tram that’ll take you to your rental. While the tram ride is included in your ferry ticket, a tram reservation does not guarantee a spot on the ferry, another reason to get there early. The outfitters on the island will direct you to your luggage and help you get on the correct tram. Reservations for the tram can be made at least an hour ahead of time and three hours in advance for pickup when leaving Bald Head Island.
For more information about the ferry or help to answer any questions you may have, call 910-457-5003.
Reserve Your Dream Bald Head Island Home
After making the quick journey on the Bald Head Island ferry, let the fun begin! Spend your days exploring all the adventures that await you and your nights resting up in your Bald Head Island Services rental.
Our inventory of phenomenal Bald Head Island rentals includes homes in various sizes and styles. Offering such a range of vacation rentals allows us to host groups large and small. Browse our rentals online to find your dream home away from home. For help reserving your rental or to learn more about booking your escape, call 910-363-4955.